Syed Sultan Ahmed
MD & Chief Learner @LXL Ideas
Sultan is a passionate educator, an amazing speaker, film producer, publisher, motivational speaker, admired event manager and a prolific educational blogger. He holds a Masters degree in Entrepreneurship from MIT-Boston. An alumnus of St. Germain High School Bangalore, he is a Chemical Engineering from Bangalore University, certified NLP practitioner and Master Trainer from Dale Carnegie USA.
Sultan rose to fame by creating Horlicks Wizkids, an event that has given generations of school students across Asia a platform to express their talents. He introduced the concept of Film Pedagogy to the world by creating School Cinema a first its kind learning methodology in the world that utilizes the power of films to teach life skills.
In addition to leading LXL Ideas, Sultan is an advisor to MHRD, CIET-NCERT, Member of FICCI School Education Committee and the Mentorship Chair for Entrepreneur Organisation South Asia. He serves as an advisor to several children’s brands, educational institutions, social organisations & entrepreneurial ventures. He has published several research papers in international journals on Psychosocial Development of Children and Media Pedagogy.
Awards & Recognitions
- President of India’s 64thNational Film Awards 2016 – Best Educational Film
- President of India’s 64thNational Film Awards 2016 – Best Film on Family Values
- President of India’s 63rdNational Film Awards 2015 – Best Film on Family Values
- President of India’s 61stNational Film Awards 2014 – Best Promotional
- President of India’s 59thNational Film Awards 2012 – Best Film on Family Values Sports
- President of India’s 59thNational Film Awards 2012 – Best Film on Sports
- ACEF Asian Awards 2017 (4 awards) 2018 (6 awards)
- CMO Asia Event Industry Excellence Awards 2016 – Most Admired Event for Youth
- India Education Award 2016 – Best Education Sector Magazine
- Best Magazine in Education – World DIDAC Association IDA Awards 2013
- Research papers published in International Educational Journals – EDULEARN 2013, WASET 2012 & Learner 2010
- Brand Leadership Award at the World Brand Congress – CMO Awards 2010 & 2011
- EEMAX Awards 2009 (5 awards) 2010 (4 awards) 2011 (5 awards) 2012 (6 awards) 2013 (3 Awards) 2014 (3 awards) 2015 (3 awards) 2016 (2 awards) 2017 (2 awards) 2018 (2 awards)
- WOW Awards 2009 (2 awards) 2010 (2 awards) 2012 (4 awards) 2013 (3 awards) 2017 (2 awards)
- Promo Power Award 2008
- School Cinema films nominated in over 300 other International Film festivals including Toronto, San Diego, Australia, Los Angeles, Australia, Chicago, Mexico
After having worked with millions of students over 2 decades I have learned that you cannot Teach students, but interestingly they Learn – they learn from their environment and experiences. So my life journey is about creating experiences for children to learn lessons of life.
I love life and believe that mere exploration of one’s own potential is not enough; living one’s life `Fully’ is extremely important. I love challenges, travel, food, cars, bikes, horses, adventure and making a difference to the lives of people.
The world around me changes at a dramatic pace and I keep pace with it by innovating the educational experiences I work with. This is the reason behind the evolution of my work from teaching to training to events to publications to films to digital. A question that I have always asked myself in this career journey is - How can I make education more relevant and real? Finding the answer keeps me alive and I am always looking for a better way to do things.”
- Syed Sultan Ahmed